Von: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] Im Auftrag von Jonathan Mason
Gesendet: Friday, 28. August 2009 14:54
An: midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Betreff: CQE, SQE and QAQQINI

We have an SQL statement that uses the CQE and runs extremely slowly.  In
test I have created an Encoded Vector Index and also changed a local version
of the QAQQINI file so that the IGNORE_DERIVED_INDEXES is set to *YES.

With these settings the SQL runs extremely fast, however the powers that be
are nervous about changing a global setting that would potentially affect
all SQL requests.

I've spent the morning talking to my friend, Google, and searching through
the Midrange.com archives, and everything I have seen indicates that using
the SQE is better than using the CQE.

With this in mind, are there any pitfalls in changing the
IGNORE_DERIVED_INDEXES setting to *YES?  Should we expect all SQL to run at
least as fast as does currently or is there a risk that some SQL processes
could run slower?

Thanks in advance

Jonathan