I have been unable to launch this tool from my windows desktop. I am on
V5R4.

According to Redbook you drill down to:

*

Directory Management Tool installation
*

The DMT is part of the Windows LDAP client that is included with Directory

Services. The client is shipped in the integrated file system (IFS)
directory:

\QIBM\ProdData\OS400\DirSrv\UserTools\Windows

To install the Windows LDAP client, including the DMT, onto a PC, follow
these

steps:

1. In Operations Navigator under your system, expand *File Systems*.

2. Click *File Shares *to open a list of defined file shares on the iSeries
server.

3. Double-click *Qdirsrv*. The Qdirsrv file share is preconfigured on the
iSeries

server. It represents the share path \QIBM\ProdData\OS400\DirSrv.

4. Double-click *UserTools *to expand the directory.

5. Double-click *Windows*. This is the directory containing the Windows LDAP

client setup program.

6. Double-click *setup.exe *to start installing the DMT. Follow the
on-screen

instructions to complete the installation.

After the installation you can start the IBM SecureWay Directory Management

Tool (DMT).

Directory Management Tool (DMT)

IBM's SecureWay Directory Management Tool (DMT) provides a Java-based
graphical user interface that enables you to manage information stored
in LDAP directory servers. You can use this tool to:

o Connect to one or more LDAP directory servers via SSL or non-SSL
connections
o Display server properties and rebind to the server
o List, add, edit and delete schema attributes and objectclasses
o List, add, edit and delete directory entries
o List, add, edit and delete Access Control Lists (ACLs)
o Search the directory tree

For more information on using and configuring DMT, see the DMT on-line
documentation (load dparent.htm with your preferred web browser).

To start DMT, simply type dmt. The dmt.exe tool is located in
<ldaphome>\bin,
where <ldaphome> is the path where SecureWay is installed. To automatically
run DMT with its default configuration file, start DMT in the <ldaphome>\bin
subdirectory.