Jerry & Ryan,

Thanks for the replies. I have tried translating to ASCII and not
translating. I have tried adding framing characters and not adding framing
characters. The receiving side says they cannot see anything I am sending.
I have asked our network people to get involved and do a trace. We will see
what that shows.

Question - when the tunnel was created between "us" and "them", a specific
port was designated for traffic coming to us (i.e., to our listener) and
another for return traffic (to their listener). I noticed on netstat that
the local port is correct, but the remote port varies (and is not one that
was specified). Since the socket connects, and we receive data, and I am
returning data through this same socket connection......do the remote port
need to be open for them to receive?

Thanks,

Joe

Joe Wells
University of Alabama Health Services Foundation
500 22nd Street South, Suite 308
Birmingham, AL 35233
205-731-5610

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
This e-mail is intended for the sole use of the individual(s) to whom it is
addressed, and may contain information that is privileged, confidential and
exempt from disclosure under applicable law. You are hereby notified that
any dissemination, duplication or distribution of this transmission by
someone other than the intended addressee or its designated agent is
strictly prohibited. If you receive this e-mail in error, please notify me
immediately by replying to this e-mail.

On 8/27/2009 at 8:27 AM, in message
<b384299a0908270627i63e7b815uc8ba527f4433c11e@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Michael
Ryan<michaelrtr@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Are you converting the text to ASCII (if that's what the receiver wants).

On Thu, Aug 27, 2009 at 9:17 AM, Joe Wells