Nathan Andelin wrote:
Many of these IBM i to .Net migration interests deflate when the price/performance of the new Power6 processors are considered. And many shops that have already upgraded, are so pleased with the reduced price and extra performance that any interest in a .Net option evaporates altogether. It becomes a pleasure to pursue & develop IBM i centric Web interfaces, when you have the power and capacity of these new servers behind you.

-Nathan.

----- Original Message ----
From: "Wintermute, Sharon" <Sharon.Wintermute@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, August 24, 2009 7:11:26 AM
Subject: RE: SOA/Web Services ???

Demystify? Egads!!!! Does your CEO realize what he's asking? In order
to create an A vs B comparison on just the software side is an arduous
task.
With all the different modules of BPCS, determining just the software
differences alone will take weeks. Especially if you have custom code
on all this.

Then to add in infrastructure (shudder) and all the time. I would not
want to be in your shoes.

Sharon Wintermute