Trevor,

If you read my Blog post "ENDPGM for IBM i?" it clearly uses facts not FUD
to document the decline of IBM i within IBM. Trevor, the only thing I have
not done and will not due is to quote numbers.

Trevor the big issue is that there is NO organization left in IBM. IBM i is
one of three operating systems that run on Power Systems. There is no
longer a sales organization dedicated to the product and most of the sales
force are System p UNIX and LINUX biased folks who will sell a $2k OS over a
$12k OS any day.

Show me one product in Software Group that has a strategic commitment from
IBM in any of the brands? There are none. Brands like Lotus and WebSphere
will support what exists but will not implement new products on IBM i.

Trevor your primary contact with IBM is one of the two remaining people who
make their living trying to retain as much revenue as possible form IBM i.
Unfortunately it is too little too late.

As far as people leaving IBM i, explain why the number of customers buying
IBM i or i5/OS SWMA are declining dramatically?

Trevor, you are one person working for a small company in New York. I was
responsible for a world wide market. I had IBM's full market research
organization available to me before I retired. There are very few sales of
new machines to new customers. There are some but few.

What I am saying here is that folks need to look at many options for
modernization. Modernizing existing RPG applicaitons may very well be a key
factor here.

The reason I am making these statements if folks need to plan for the future
and address modernization now. Trevor do not even begin to try and tell me
that IBM considers RPG a "strategic" language. Its development budget has
been cut to the bone. I had proposed before leaving that we port RPG to AIX
and LINUX. That was not approved. Keep an eye on the investments in AIX
and LINUX on Power Systems. See for yourself.

BTW, Trevor, DENIAL really isn't a river in Egypt.