On Wed, Aug 19, 2009 at 10:30 AM, Bob Cancilla<bob.cancilla@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Walden,

Been a long time, but I left IBM and am back in the mainstream.  Sadly the
iSeries aka IBM i Operating System is on its way to extinction IMHO and in a
very short period of time.  Read details in my blog:
http://i-nsider.blogspot.com/

would IBM sell IBM i to another company? Are there any companies that
would buy it?

I am thinking that open sourcing IBM i is not likely because that
might expose security flaws in the system. Which would open IBM up to
liability claims.

This thread ...