On Thu, Aug 13, 2009 at 19:17, David Gibbs<david@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Can anyone recommend a good way to explain single level store for non i, but technical, people (i.e., java devs, windows devs, etc)?

My understanding of the SLS is that contrary to other OSes:

- All disk space is directly visible and mapped to an address
- RAM is not visible to applications. It just serves as cache for disk space.

Of course that's really simplified in every way.

This thread ...