If I'm understanding you correctly, something like this ought to work:

SELECT * FROM myFile
WHERE POSITION(' ' IN myField) > 0 and
POSITION(' ' IN myField) < LENGTH(RTRIM(F1))

There are probably number of other ways to accomplish the same.

Elvis

Celebrating 11-Years of SQL Performance Excellence on IBM i, i5/OS and
OS/400
www.centerfieldtechnology.com