Von: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] Im Auftrag von Charles Wilt
Gesendet: Wednesday, 22. July 2009 17:14
An: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Betreff: Re: Question(s) on converting names and addresses to UNICODE

Alan,

You're probably going to want to get the Text Extenders that are part
of 5722-DE1.
http://www-01.ibm.com/software/data/db2/support/textextender/

Allows for better text searches, including "fuzzy" matches.

HTH,
Charles

On Wed, Jul 22, 2009 at 10:48 AM, Alan Shore<AlanShore@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
Thanks for your reply Duane
Even though we ARE going to 6.1, it is NOT in our near future, but the
conversion to UNICODE is
however, the process of indexing/searching names and is also something we
HAVE to look into as well
I've already asked the question "How are our customer service dept. going
to be able to process/analyze/investigate names and addresses in Arabic,
Mandarin, etc.
Have you been able to find anything?

Alan Shore
Programmer/Analyst, Distribution
E:AShore@xxxxxxxxxxx
P:(631) 200-5019
C:(631) 880-8640
"If you're going through Hell, keep going" - Winston Churchill