On Tue, Jul 14, 2009 at 19:29, Jeff Crosby<jlcrosby@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
The netserver name is QDILGARD, the domain name is DILGARD, so they're
not the same to begin with.

I was talking about the NetBIOS Domain Name of your *Windows* Domain,
not the name of the Netserver instance.

Currently the i is both DNS and DHCP server. ÂNot after this weekend.
The windows server (as well as a backup) will be DNS/DHCP.

The i was DNS-Server for what? Resolver only? Or for an authoritative zone?

We have a couple of WINS servers, which are in the Netserver config.
I've heard before (years ago, I think) that with proper DNS, WINS
could go away.

This is correct, WINS is legacy protocol. But there are still several
(legacy) applications which depend on it - for example, network
browsing or Exchange 2003. Which you may, or may not need/want.

Regarding CHGTCPDMN, what concerns me is SMTP/MSF. ÂSMTP has to send
email via Google Apps.

It depends on how exactly you send your mails. As such, i can't give
you a definitive answer there. I can't imagine that you can use the i
SMTP/MSF to send mail via Google apps, as the standard IBM i MSF/SMTP
combo does not support SMTP AUTH.