Alan Shore wrote:
I feel such a fool. I just found it in the SQL reference
manual Why I didn't find it before?

I have experienced the same for searching. Now when I am looking for a SQL scalar function in InfoCenter, I always include the following tokens; plus the function name, when known or suspected:
sql scalar

As for drilling down within the SQL reference, navigating to the "Scalar functions" topic, although nice to have them all together, unfortunately they are not in the /contents/ as each function-name having a separate link. Thus searching for /replace/ is required in the one page, but Ctrl-F for that alone, locates every occurrence until the actual function name is located :-( So only by recognizing and assuming consistency in the pattern of ">>-functionname" from the syntax, or "The functionname function" from the text following each function name, would use of a direct find-in-page string come easily.

FWiW, given the above pattern, using that in an InfoCenter _S_earch narrows the "Search Results" pane to two entries, with the "Scalar functions" topic from the SQL Reference being second:
sql scalar "replace function"

Regards, Chuck