Hello, Mark

Sorry, but the model 400 is older technology, before any AS/400s had PCI
slots, so it cannot use the newer PCI cards. :-o

Thank you. It explains a lot.

I've checked the "books" already installed, but I've got only 2612, 2619 and
6050.
So, I have to go shopping to buy the 2617 one with a transceiver attached.

Thank you one more time.

Marcin

First, do a WRKCFGSTS *CMN and see if you might already have a 2617
installed. In that case, you might only need the "transceiver" to
convert from the 10-Base-T connector on the 2617 to RJ45 ...

Otherwise, you will need the older "SPD Bus" Ethernet card, 2617,
packaged in what IBM calls a "book" ... find them on e-bay ... go to
www.ebay.com and enter "ibm 2617" in the search field. (Prices vary.)

You may also need the little transciever to convert to from 10BaseT to
RJ45 ... search e-bay for "10BaseT RJ45".

Hope that helps... good luck.

Mark