From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Dan Kimmel
Sent: Thursday, June 04, 2009 11:54
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: RE: 2D DataMatrix Barcode Error

This may be as far as I can go toward helping without dumping the print stream.

You might check the device description of the printer and make sure it is all coordinated with your printer. Auto-gen'd device descriptions are sometimes wrong.

Is sysval QCCSID 37?

Contents of the MoDCA barcode tag generated by the print file may be translated at a different point in the workflow than the rest of the text. Your print file generates MoDCA AFP. The print writer uses the device description to convert that stream to IPDS. The printer reads the IPDS and rasterizes it to the paper. Anything can be a problem. IPDS is a bi-directional data stream. I've heard of these things breaking when the network blocked the back-channel.