You might want to try Iseries access for web if it is an option, It makes
things a lot simpler.

-----Original Message-----
From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of sjl
Sent: 28 May 2009 19:26
To: midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: CCSID Hell

Background:
---------------

The (V5R4) LPAR where our JDE application is running for Asia is
double-byte, and the QCCSID system value is set to 65535.

From what I understand, if the system CCSID is 65535 and the files are
CCSID(65535), the data translation occurs within Display Data Management,
based on the Host Code Page set in the iSeries Access session that you use.

I recently worked on a project for our Japan affiliate, which required going

into the Windows Regional and Language Options in the Control panel,
installing the East Asian languages for Windows XP (which required a
reboot), then selecting Japanese as the 'Language for non-Unicode programs'
on the Advanced tab (which required another reboot).

I then successfully configured an iSeries Access PC5250 session using Host
Code Page 939 which connects to the system and displays the Japanese
double-byte characters properly.

Current challenge:
-----------------------

I /now/ need to work on a project for a Taiwan affiliate. I am trying to
configure my iSeries Access PC5250 session to work in this environment, so I

changed my Windows Regional setting to Chinese (Taiwan) (which required
another reboot).

However, when configuring my PC5250 session, if I select Host Code Page 937
(Traditional Chinese) or 937 (Traditional Chinese Extended), I receive the
error "PCSAPI001 - The combination of host cod-page and PC cod-page is
invalid. The default PC code-page will be used." and the session hangs.

I'm stuck on this step. Please Help!

I have some other CCSID/double-byte related questions, but this is the one
that is a show-stopper right now.

Regards,
Steve