Scott Klement wrote a few fine articles on QSH. And, he helped me get my batch
functions working.

You could possibly run everything from inside QSH.

For example: QSH CMD('somescript')

You would either have to provide an absolute path to somescript, such as
.home/programmer/somescript, or put the script in a directory that is on QSH
search path.

Before you invoke QSH, set an environment variable with the passphrase you need
for encryption.

The script would then contain all the PASE commands.

You will also need to add an environment variable to change QSH error messages
from completion to escape messages.

ADDENVVAR ENVVAR(QIBM_QSH_CMD_ESCAPE_MSG) VALUE(Y) +
REPLACE(*YES)

After the QSH command, MONMSG for QSH0005 QSH0006 QSH0007. This is an example,
in the proper sequence:

ADDENVVAR ENVVAR(QIBM_QSH_CMD_ESCAPE_MSG) VALUE(Y) +
REPLACE(*YES)
TOMSGQ(*SYSOPR)
CHGVAR VAR(&FTPFAIL) VALUE('N')
QSH CMD('/QOpenSys/usr/bin/sftp -b +
/usr/local/bin/xxx.scr +
user@xxxxxxxxxxx ')
MONMSG MSGID(QSH0005 QSH0006 QSH0007) EXEC(DO)
CHGVAR VAR(&FTPFAIL) VALUE('Y')
CHGVAR VAR(&MSGTXT) VALUE('SPBAHCCL - Data could +
not be sent to AHC')
SNDPGMMSG MSGID(CPF9898) MSGF(QCPFMSG) +
MSGDTA(&MSGTXT) TOMSGQ(*SYSOPR)
ENDDO

In the above example, I only run sftp. In your case, you would run a script
that contained the sftp command. You would still need the -b option to run the
sftp in a batch.

Notice that I set FTPFAIL to 'N' prior to QSH? This way, if I do not receive
one of the messages, I know it was successful.. QSH0005 is sent as a completion
message except when there was a failure.

HTH

John McKee

Quoting "Burke, Joel" <jburke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

I currently have gzip, gpg and scp up and running in the PASE environment on
the i5. Obviously, I use these tools to compress, encrypt and then send a
file to a vendor. They work great when i run the command interactively in
putty.

Now, i need to automate this process to run in batch and i am looking for
some guidance on how to do this task. I know that i can run QP2SHELL
commands in CL. I have successfully gzipped a file in batch but i have yet
to encrypt one. The encryption may be a little trickier(i.e. passphrase).

Would it be better to write a shell script and just call that through
QP2SHELL in CL or should i call each command separately through CL? What
would be the best way to monitor for errors or successful completion?

TIA

--
Joel Burke
Programmer/Analyst

contents of this message, which arise as a result of e-mail transmission. If
verification is required please request a hard-copy version. Marywood
University, 2300 Adams Ave., Scranton, PA 18509, USA, www.marywood.edu.