You can use CRTDUPOBJ to duplicate the logical file, with the Duplicate
Data parameter set to *NO ( Data(*NO) ). The command will choose the
based upon physical file from the library list, so be sure that new
physical file you want the logical file to point to is before the old
based on physical file when you do a DSPOBJ BAZ.

So in your example, be sure library BAR is above FOO in your library list.
Then issue the command:
CRTDUPOBJ OBJ(QUX) FROMLIB(FOO) OBJTYPE(*FILE) TOLIB(BAROMLIB) DATA(*NO)

Be sure to do a DSPDBR BAR/BAZ after the CRTDUPOBJ, and be sure that the
new logical file is displayed in the listing.

Steve
- -
Steven Morrison
Fidelity Express
903-885-1283 ext. 292

"James H. H. Lampert" <jamesl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
05/21/2009 01:10 PM
Please respond to

cc

Subject
Copying logical files from one library to another

I've seen this done; I've done it myself. But I can never remember how;
neither does the usual RTFM shed a whole lot of light on it:

Given two libraries FOO and BAR, with physical BAZ in both libraries,
and logical QUX on BAZ in FOO, but not in BAR:

I can never remember how to copy a logical (QUX) from one library (FOO)
to another (BAR), so that it picks up the corresponding based-on
physical in the target library (BAR/BAZ) instead of pointing back to the
original one in the source library (FOO/BAZ).

Is it a CPYF or a CRTDUPOBJ?

And what are the required conditions for it to behave as desired?

--
JHHL