When I went from RDi to RDi SOA I just paid the difference.

From:
Mike Cunningham <mike.cunningham@xxxxxxx>
To:
"'Midrange Systems Technical Discussion'" <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date:
05/20/2009 01:09 PM
RE: RAD and RDi
Sent by:
midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks Joe. I have a follow up. Do you know if I license just RDi today
and in 6 months want to move up to RDi SOA is there an upgrade path where
I just pay the difference or would I need to buy a new RDi SOA license and
the RDi license would go to waste? I can't find anything on the IBM site
for upgrading from RDi to RDi SOA

-----Original Message-----
From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [
mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Joe Pluta
Sent: Tuesday, May 19, 2009 3:12 PM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Re: RAD and RDi

Mike Cunningham wrote:
I want to move to RDi and/or RDA and want be sure I have the tools
correct.

I have some developers just doing RPG/CL/DDS etc applications - they
need a license to RDi

Yup.

I have some developers doing RPG/CL/DDS and want to do some EGL and
light java - they need a license to RDi SOA

Yup.

I have some developers doing RPG/CL/DDS and some more involved java and
might be doing J2EE (using WDSC now) - they need a license to RDA and RDi

Well, until they're actually doing heavy J2EE, they don't need RAD. You
might find you get enough horsepower from RDi-SOA. I'd be interested to
know what they're trying to accomplish in J2EE that can't be done in
EGL. Remember, EGL supports full JSF functionality (with a world-class
JSF editor), and also allows you to invoke any external Java classes you
might need.

Is this correct?

Thanks

Yer welcome ;)