elehti@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Lest we forget the secret way to get to SQL statements
that Query/400 (WRKQRY) uses in *QRYDFN objects:

http://www.itjungle.com/fhg/fhg052604-story01.html

RTVQMQRY QMQRY(library/query)
SRCFILE(library/QQMQRYSRC)
SRCMBR(*QMQRY)
ALWQRYDFN(*ONLY)

When this command completes, you will be able to view
or edit the generated SQL statement as you would any
other source file member

First I congratulate you on being the only one I have ever seen to post ALWQRYDFN(*ONLY) without my having to stress that as a likely intended correction; even if it was copied from an article :-) Many have been confused after CRTQMQRY of the same name as the *QRYDFN object, when later attempts to RTVQMQRY ALWQRYDFN(*YES) [*YES is the default; e.g. if the parameter is omitted] did not reflect recent changes [e.g. to add a /variable/] in the *QRYDFN object because the request defaults to first look for a *QMQRY object by that name.

As others have mentioned, take care in its use. However in those messages there was a failure to mention, as with the article, that the /warnings/ for what will be lost in the transition are given by using the ANZQRY command.

Oddly there was also no mention of RTVQMFORM, even though QMFORM was mentioned in the article. That is a bit much to digest though, because the output is not easily explained nor discussed.

Regards, Chuck