From: PEPITOVADECURT
If you done the same, please comment your experience.

I'm currently working on a new IBM i based Financial Accounting package. I'll post a screen-shot of an application used to define bank accounts and cross-reference them with GL entities and accounts, for an example:

http://www.radile.com/rdweb/temp/bnk100.html

I'm using HTML, CSS, & JavaScript (for the UI), and RPG for server-side processing. Most days, I alternate back and forth between Dreamweaver and PDM/SEU.

Trevor made a good point about considering deployment issues - not just the number of lines of code it takes to develop an application.

To date, I've deployed over 100 applications under an ILE based portal, which I also wrote. A few of my colleagues have deployed over 200 portal-based applications at their site, with over 1,000 users. Although much of the workload has transitioned from green-screen to browser UI, there hasn't been a need to even upgrade their original server.

Everying is deployed as *PGM and *SRVPGM objects in standard libraries, and HTML, CSS, & JavaScript files in the IFS.

Nathan.