Simple really. Need two things.

1) On the test LPAR add a *HOST route pointing to the FTP server with the
IP Address of the PROD server as the gateway.
2) On the PROD LPAR need to go to CFGTCP option 3 (CHGTCPA) and turn on
forwarding.

- Larry

Larry Bolhuis IBM Certified Advanced Technical Expert:
Vice President System i Solutions
Arbor Solutions, Inc. IBM Certified Systems Expert:
1345 Monroe NW Suite 259 System i Technical Design and Implementation
V6R1
Grand Rapids, MI 49505
(616) 451-2500
(616) 451-2571 - Fax
(616) 260-4746 - Cell

If you can read this, thank a teacher....and since it's in English,
thank a soldier.

tkreimer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
05/07/2009 10:57 AM
Please respond to

cc

Subject
Re: TCP/IP Question

You would have to setup the Primary partition as a "router". Problem is, I

don't remember how/where to do that. Then you could add route to the test
partition to send all crossover traffic to the virtual interface, with the

primary partition as the gateway. I am fairly certain the routing
information is out there, but don't have time to look myself.

Tom Kreimer
Network Manager
Buckhorn Inc, Milford OH