From: Don Cavaiani
Any one know if Epicor ERP runs on the i?

A few quotes from their annual report at www.sec.gov:

Epicorâs early adoption of the Microsoft .NET Framework and XML Web services allows its product offerings, development and services to leverage the benefits of SOA and provide growing midsized businesses with increased flexibility, inter-operability, and cross-platform capability. These capabilities are extremely important as the market for Enterprise Applications continues to grow worldwide.

The Companyâs Clientele suite leverages both the Microsoft Access and Microsoft SQL Server databases.

The Companyâs technology direction currently embraces the Microsoft .NET Framework for XML-based Web services, networking architecture, and graphical user interface components. Through the .NET Framework, the Company provides comprehensive support for Web services deployment and Enterprise Application Integration (EAI). Leveraging the .NET Framework and the XML standard for data exchange, Epicor provides increased access to information both within and between organizations â no matter where their offices or employees are located. This technology strategy can enable the Companyâs development teams to leverage Microsoft technology, while allowing each product family to continue to utilize the individual databases and development tools appropriate to the requirements of each productâs target market. As a long standing Microsoft Gold Certified Partner and an early adopter of the .NET Framework, and most recently Windows VistaÂ, Epicor is able to
leverage its expertise with Microsoft technology to benefit their customers worldwide.

If the emerging and current technologies and platforms of Microsoft and others upon which the Company builds its products do not gain or retain broad market acceptance, or if we fail to develop and introduce in a timely manner new products and services compatible with such emerging technologies, we may not be able to compete effectively and our ability to generate revenues will suffer.

Specifically, the Companyâs software products are built and depend upon several underlying and evolving relational database management system platforms including Microsoft SQL Server, Progress OpenEdge and IBM U2, and also are integrated with several other third party provider products for the purpose of providing or enhancing necessary functionality.

CRS applications leverage Microsoft and Java technologies.

As a long standing Microsoft Gold Certified Partner and an early adopter of the .NET Framework, and most recently Windows VistaÂ, Epicor is able to leverage its expertise with Microsoft technology to benefit their customers worldwide.
---
About the only mention of IBM is with respect to its U2 database server and developer workbench (Eclipse based).

Nathan.