I just resent the file, and the remote client reported no error. I changed
nothing on this end.

John McKee

Quoting John McKee <jmmckee@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

I have been sending data with no problems to the offsite client for almost two
weeks. The sFTP program >appears< to be working correctly.

Until today.

Following the file transfer, I received an email from the offsite client stating
that sFTP had failed. Yet, the code on my end did not indicate that any problem
existed.

I have no idea if the remote site is having problems, or if I am. I am hoping
somebody who works wirh receiving messages could just take a glance at the code
snippet below and tell me if it is correct or not. Ordinarily, QSH will not
issue QSH0005 as an exception message, but, it will with the environment
variable set. If no error is encountered, no escape message is sent. Things I
can think to change is to drop the return code stuff and just change a variable
from a default value in the event that the message is received. Purpose of
trying to get the return code is to attempt to determine where the process
might have failed. We had been sending this mess as unzipped files, and their
end timed out due to inactivity. I would have thought that if that happened,
that QSH0005 would have been sent as an *ESCAPE message. But, it does not
appear to have been, or I am retrieving the return code from the command
incorrectly. Lots of questions at this point and no sure path to persue.
Thanks for the eyes.

ADDENVVAR ENVVAR(QIBM_QSH_CMD_ESCAPE_MSG) VALUE(Y) +
REPLACE(*YES)
------------- 5 data records excluded ---------------------------------
QSH CMD('/usr/local/bin/escandatasystems.scr')
/* Check for sFTP error */
MONMSG MSGID(QSH0005) EXEC(DO)
RCVMSG MSGTYPE(*LAST) RMV(*NO) MSGDTA(&MSGDTA)
CHGVAR VAR(&RETURNCODE) +
VALUE(%BIN(&MSGDTA 1 4))
CHGVAR VAR(&RC) VALUE(&RETURNCODE)
ENDDO