If you are using BRMS, TEST and PROD can be used in your backups.

CRPence wrote:
David FOXWELL wrote:

<<SNIP>>

Has the value *PROD any other use than protection in mode debug?

The help text on CHGLIB & CRTLIB for the TYPE() parameter alludes
to nothing else. Only that the OS Database may prevent access other
than read-only when _opening_ database files in a library identified
as *PROD. An open which includes an update capability, when in a
[serviced] job which is under debug by use of STRDBG UPDPROD(*NO) or
CHGDBG UPDPROD(*NO), the request will fail if the database file is
in a library of TYPE(*PROD). Note: /update/ is used generally to
imply /not read-only/, regardless that Insert, Update, & Delete are
each separate capabilities; the general usage holds for the
following help text.

Library type (TYPE)

Specifies the new library type.

*SAME
The TYPE attribute of the library remains the same.
*PROD
This is a production library. Database files in
production libraries are not opened for updating if
a user is in debug mode and requested that production
libraries be protected. A user can protect all
database files in production libraries from updates
by specifying *NO for the Update production files
(UPDPROD) parameter on the Start Debug (STRDBG)
command to begin testing. However, this protection
does not prevent the program from deleting database
files or from changing other objects (such as data
areas) in the library.

*TEST
This is a test library. All objects in a test library
are updated during testing, even if special protection
is requested for production libraries.

Regards, Chuck