I read the earlier stuff but didn't bother much with it. Looking back
at what you wrote I note some inconsistencies:

1) You showed the module being compiled on 430 with a target of 230

2) You showed the CRTCMOD command with TGTRLS(V3R2M0)

3) You showed the CRTPGM command with TGTRLS(V4R2M0)

Do you spot the anomaly?

Some of the stuff was created using some MAKE CL programs that were created
to keep track of using the proper Binding directories.

We didn't always go back to update old MAKE programs.

The qusrtool/qattsysc(opusapi) is a reference to an include that no
longer exists. I don't expect this to be the cause of your conversion
issue because that include simply declares prototypes and structures
for the various User Space APIs. However, to successfully compile on a
recent release you will need to alter the source to refer to the
current includes in QSYSINC/H. (I don't recall when the System C
includes were removed from QUSRTOOL but they were present in 310 and
gone by 440.)

We use Qsysinc/H for most other stuff

miptrnam.h still exists and is fairly innocuous. It's used by the code
to access the Compare Pointer Type MI instruction. The code appears to
presume that if it got a space pointer then the caller supplied a user
space name or an empty string otherwise it must be junk. Seems an odd
way of doing this.

That probably was done during my partners early exposurer to the AS400 and
the early C was woefully poorly featured.

The code uses the C pre-compiler to exclude or include the appropriate
code. As long as PC_DOS is not defined during the compile then the
compiler will not include any of the PC-specific code. It won't be in
the compiled object so can't cause a problem. You can leave it or
trash it as you wish.

I suspected that but thought I'd ask.

Steve