I was OK with the "very slow time" part but you lost me with the
"reasonably fast processors" - a 720/2061 isn't exactly a rocket ship.
;-((

But, yes... it's at a very slow time. I'd be concerned too about doing
it under heavy load. We just have to ensure we get a backup if someone
is logged in.

The problem with *SYSDFN is that there is no clean/common checkpoint.
Quoting the help text "Objects in a library may reach checkpoints at
different times and may not be in a consistent state in relationship to
each other." *LIB or *SYNCLIB have a cleaner checkpoint/consistency.

rob@xxxxxxxxx 04/21/2009 9:12:59 AM >>>
I am thinking that in many cases where the saves are done at a very slow

time with reasonably fast processors and devices that the
SAVACT(*SYSDFN)
will get lucky most of the time. It's only payroll and erp and stuff.
Not
like it's really noticeable like company email and stuff.