From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Pete Helgren
Sent: Monday, April 06, 2009 4:21 PM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Re: Calling a java stored procedure from SQL server

Actually, the OP (me) just wanted to call a java stored procedure on the

i. DB2 wasn't involved, unless it needed to be. The Java program
accessed DB2 data but the DB was secondary. I just wanted to know how
to invoke the Java program on the i from MSSQL

I ended up taking the web services route, which I am still working
through, because the web services gave me a few more "open" options.

Pete

DeLong, Eric wrote:
I thought so too... Last time I looked for it, all links and
references
went to dead sites....

Additionally, I thought MSSQL server operated as a DRDA "client"
only...
Meaning that they could connect to DB2 as a DRDA client, but DB2 could
not connect to SQL server..... This in fact seems to be appropriate
for
the OP, as they want MSSQL to connect to DB2.