Hi Dean
there is a command called RMVJLMSG that I have downloaded and now use
extensively to remove whatever message is wanted to be removed (in my case
CPF5020)
However, it only seems to be available from systemiNetwork
The author is named Rory Hewitt

Alan Shore
Programmer/Analyst, Distribution
E:AShore@xxxxxxxxxxx
P:(631) 200-5019
C:(631) 880-8640
"If you're going through Hell, keep going" - Winston Churchill

Dean.Eshleman@mma
-online.org
Sent by: To
midrange-l-bounce midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
s@xxxxxxxxxxxx cc

Subject
04/01/2009 10:02 Removing a message from the job log
AM

Please respond to
Midrange Systems
Technical
Discussion
<midrange-l@midra
nge.com>

I have an SQLRPGLE program that executes a close cursor instruction at the
beginning of the program. Sometimes, this generates a message in the job
log "Cursor SQL_EXTRACT not open." I would like to remove the message
from the job log when this happens. However, I'm not sure if I can. When
I look at the details of the message, the from program and to program are
both QSQRUN4 which is probably below my program in the call stack. I
tried using the QMHRCVPM API to retrieve the message, but no luck. Can I
remove this message?

I guess my other option is to prevent the message in the first place. I
guess I'll look into that as well.

Dean Eshleman,
MMA, Inc.