What sort of troubles are you having capturing the session?

John McKee wrote:
I am still having problems with communicating with this Windows box using sFTP. I put different exit values in the script for each expect instruction.

The files that need to be sent are 500+ MB each, and there are two of them. The
expect script is doing one of two things now: 1) exiting with a return code I
have assigned to the last expect, where I am just looking for the sftp> to send
a quit, or 2) exiting waiting for the password prompt.

I had thought that the size of the files might have been a factor in the wait
time. More an act of desperation than anything else approaching rational
thinking. I bumped it up to an insanely high numer. Only thing that gets
effected is how long I have to wait for the script to error out. I also
thought the jobq might be a factor. Normally, I have been sending this to
QBATCH. I don't recll the upper limit on active jobs in that jobq, but do know
it is high enough that a number of jobs start and end. Last night, I submitted
to QTXTSRCH, which, as far as I can remember, has no limit set on active jobs. Same results.

I was wondering if I can capture the session in a log. I want to be able to see
what expect is receiving as well as what is being sent. Is it possible to
redirect the session to a log file and still have expect work?

The people at the remote site are positive this is on my end. Something is
getting lost, that is obvious. Why FileZilla works and this script does not is
becoming a hassle. A coworker has been running FileZilla and has told me that
transfer time is inexcess of two hours.

Any ideas on how to get a handle on what is going on?

John McKee