From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Charles Wilt
Sent: Wednesday, March 25, 2009 8:19 AM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Re: SQL Differences

Your question doesn't make much sense to me.

Windows doesn't support SQL. So you'd be converting from i to MS SQL,
Oracle, DB2, MySQL, ect... the fact you may be running on Windows is
almost immaterial.

As to converting from SQL from i syntax to another...that really
depends on the destination.

Truth of the matter, the i sticks very close to the standards (haven't
I mentioned that to you specifically a couple of times already?) so
you'd probably got a good chance that little or no conversion would be
required for many statements. Particularly the simpler the statement.

If the job's a decent size, I'd look for a tool to help. I know IBM
offers a utility to convert MS SQL or Oracle statements into i syntax.
It's likely MS and/or Oracle or a third party have something similar
for going the other direction. Then again, maybe not as that would be
an acknowledgment that the i supports more than just RPG.

Charles