When I first used CEEDATM API, through trial and error I discovered that the
only way to make it work was to extend the local character buffer by one
byte. For example, if my picture-string ought to have resulted in a 26 byte
output, I would declare the local buffer as 27 long, making sure I only use
the first 26 bytes in the rest of the code.

Hth, Elvis

Celebrating 11-Years of SQL Performance Excellence on IBM i, i5/OS and
OS/400
www.centerfieldtechnology.com