From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of John Jones
Sent: Wednesday, March 18, 2009 1:25 PM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Re: Can't reach HMC console remotely

2 HMCs, 2 iSeries, 2 data cneters. One HMC & iSeries in each data center.
Each HMC is direct-cabled to the local iSeries' FSP. Each HMC is also
cabled to the LAN/WAN. By doing this each HMC can see/control both iSeries
and we have full remote admin capability both to each HMC and from each HMC
to the iSeries.

It's been forever since they were installed but I seem to recall the DHCP
only applying to the Ethernet port that was direct-cabled to the iSeries.
It's never been an issue for us.

On Wed, Mar 18, 2009 at 10:52 AM, <William.Epperson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx