John:

If your company is at i5/OS V5R3 or better, you can use EIM -- which stands for "Enterprise(-wide) Identity Mapping.".EIM comes bundled with OS/400 V5R3 and above at no extra charge. With EIM, you "map" your Windows userID to your iSeries userID and vice versa, so there is no need to "change" user names on either platform. EIM knows what OS/400 user profile name is associated with what Windows UserID, and vice versa, for each supported platform. This also provides support "SSO" -- "Single Sign-On", which uses Kerberos tokens.

HTH,

Mark

> John McKee wrote:
Changing user name is not an option. Unless, of course, the corporate office
mandates it - which they did. My Windows login is now even farther from my
System i login. But, since this change was ordered by corporate, it is >much<
better, to them at any rate.

John McKee

Quoting "DeLong, Eric" <EDeLong@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

LOL,

"Only advantage of using /QNTC is dropping a manual step, at this
point."

Isn't that sort of the whole point of what we do? <vbg> Process
automation and integration

I think I'm with Rob on this... You should just start using the same
profile/password on i and your network, or use Kerberos to authenticate.
Either way, your troubles with network shares will be reduced
dramatically.

Jmo,
Eric