To: <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, March 05, 2009 8:23 AM
Subject: RE: Web Facing and Getting Web Session IP Address

Hello Nick/Chamara,

Thanks for the feedback. We do this already with True 5250 Telnet
sessions and it works great.

Since I believe Web Facing creates a virtual telnet session that lives
in the underbelly of the Web Facing Server I don't believe it surfaces
the IP address of the user's PC because the user hits the web server
which in turn talks to the Virtual telnet device. I'll look again to
see if I can get more info from the Virtual Terminal session.

If we can't, we're going to write a little client side app that captures
the user's User ID, PC name and IP address to the iSeries in a session
table. This will definitely give us what we need but it's a small
client app which I would like to avoid.

Any other thoughts would be appreciated.

Regards,
Richard Schoen
RJS Software Systems Inc.
"Get the information you need. Now!"
Document Management, Workflow, Report Delivery, Forms and Business
Intelligence
Email: richard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Web Site: http://www.rjssoftware.com
Tel: (952) 736-5800