I'm 'this close' to having phpMyAdmin set up and running.

I'm following the Redbook "Discovering MySQL on IBM i5/OS". I'm in section
4.3.3 where it has these instructions for an automatic setup script. These
instructions:

Automatic setup script for phpMyAdmin

Instead of manually editing the config.inc.php file, you can use the setup
script as explained in
the following steps.

1. Create a folder named config inside the phpMyAdmin directory. On the
i5/OS PASE shell,
type the following commands to create and give write permissions to the new
directory:
mkdir config
chmod o+rw config

2. Run the setup script in your browser:
http://your_host/path_to_phpMyAdmin/scripts/setup.php

In our case, we entered:
http://rchas55.rchland.ibm.com:89/phpMyAdmin/scripts/setup.php

In my case, I entered: http://192.168.0.1:89/phpMyAdmin/scripts/setup.php
It doesn't work. The redbook didn't say anything about creating a setup.php
file, though it talks about a config.inc.php, which I don't even have. The
redbook is almost a year old, which may have something to do with it. I
tried it without a setup.php file, and I tried it creating an empty
setup.php file.

I CAN use the link http://192.168.0.1:89/phpMyAdmin however, and it opens
phpMyAdmin. Don't have a clue what to do just yet. Got these errors at the
bottom of that page:

"Cannot load mcrypt extension. Please check your PHP configuration."
"The configuration file now needs a secret passphrase (blowfish_secret)."

The first error may have something to do with not having done proper setup.
The second error probably the same, though it sounds like something from a
porn site. It's the first day of kindergarten for me.

--
Jeff Crosby
UniPro FoodService/Dilgard

company.  Unless I say so.