Hi Dave,

Here's an SQL example that connect to the iseries and brings back a record
set from a physical file. About as basic as you can get I think.

$hostname = '192.168.0.50';
$username ='xxx';
$password = 'xxx';

// Username and password for the i5-user
$conn = i5_connect($hostname,$username,$password);
if ($conn)
{

/* Prepared request creation */

$key = 'Sassafrass';

$result = i5_prepare("SELECT FIELD1, FIELD2, FIELD3, FIELD4 FROM
ALIBRARY/AFILE WHERE FIELD3 = ?", $conn);

if ($result) {

/* Request execution */
i5_execute($result, $key);

echo "<TABLE border='1'>";
echo "<TR><TD>Field 1 Data</TD><TD>Field 2 Data</TD><TD>Field 3
Data</TD><TD>Field 4 data</TD></TR>";

while($row = i5_fetch_array($result,I5_READ_NEXT))

{

// print_r($row);

echo "<TR>";

echo "<TD>$row[FIELD1] </TD>";