I have a weird one here. I have a windows 2003 server with a shared
directory. With in the share there are several sub directories, all
inheriting their security from the shared directory. When I type:
wrklnk '/QNTC/CCRPMITEL/smdr/Ready/cctxpbx' I get the screen showing
the directory cctxpbx to which I can then browse. However:
wrklnk '/QNTC/CCRPMITEL/smdr/Ready/crosschck' returns the following
error:
Additional Message Information

Message ID . . . . . . : CPDB055 Severity . . . . . . . : 30

Message type . . . . . : Diagnostic

Date sent . . . . . . : 02/11/09 Time sent . . . . . . :
10:28:08

Message . . . . : Communication error on session to Network Server

CCRPMITEL.

Cause . . . . . : The Network Server file system (QNTC) encountered an
error
while trying to communicate with Network Server CCRPMITEL.

Recovery . . . : Ensure the QSERVER subsystem is started and
operational.
If the Server is loaded on an Integrated xSeries Server for iSeries,
ensure
that the NWSD is varied on and the server is active. If the Server is
remote system, ensure that the system is active and the Server program
has
been started. If the Server is an OS/400 NetServer, ensure that the
server
has been started.

Technical description . . . . . . . . : An error code 105 was received
while
trying to communicate on a session to the Network Server CCRPMITEL. To

determine the meaning of the error number, do one of the following:

If the error code is 4 digits, then

- Use DSPMSGD CPExxxx, where xxxx is the error number, to display an
error
message containing more information about this error number.

- Display one of the following files that contain descriptions of
error
numbers: QSYSINC/SYS, member ERRNO and QCLE/H member ERRNO.

If the error code is 3 digits, then the possible NetBEUI error codes
are:
101 -- Name conflict.

102 -- Duplicate name.

103 -- Command canceled.

104 -- Session ended abnormally.

*105 -- Failure.
106 -- Not valid session number.
107 -- Session closed.
108 -- Network error.
109 -- Session open rejected.
110 -- Name not found.
111 -- Request timed out.
112 -- Request aborted.
114 -- Not valid IP Address.
115 -- Session request issued.
116 -- Session request good.
117 -- Session request rejected.
119 -- Data Pending.

I have rebooted the windows server, no change. I have restarted
Netserver on our iSeries 520 @ V5R3M0, no change?

How does one find out what a NetBEUI error 105 is? Google does not seem
to return what I am having when searching with NETBUEI error 105

Chris Bipes
Director of Information Services
CrossCheck, Inc.