Jim Essinger wrote:

Can I make SQL to look in the library list for files while using the
SQL naming convention with STRSQL and/or RUNSQLSTM?

Jim:

The question is kind of self-contradictory. From the SQL Programming manual:

"
SQL naming (*SQL)
In the SQL naming convention, tables and other SQL objects in an SQL statement are qualified by the schema name in the form:
schema.table
"

Some generalized comments --

That is, SQL has no 'library' nor 'library list' concept. It operates over 'schemas' or 'collections'. You use the *SQL convention when you want to code to schema-style specs. And when you do that, there is practically no such thing as a 'library list'. There are explicitly specified schemas (e.g., "schema.table") and default collections for schemas of unqualified names (e.g., RUNSQLSTM DFTRDBCOL(coll_name)).

If you want to step a little into the i5/OS way of doing things, you choose *SYS and reference 'libraries' rather than 'schemas'. And 'library list' then has significant meaning.

In effect in this case, by choosing *SQL, you're telling DB2 _not_ to use your library list.

Tom Liotta