Sorry, I do not know how to control what in QTEMP & what not. It is not
something I mess with.

Our needs a bit different than yours.

We have instructions to our Query users, that include what library to put
the definitions into, naming conventions to other people can share in their
usage, the importance of using JOBQ when one of the files is one of the
monsters (costs, routings, inventory history, etc.)

A handful of people, contrary to instructions, run some job interactive mode
that brings system to its knees ... such as some query that links cost
master to inventory history (both files in excess of 2 million records) ...
after we found that a particular manager was incapable of remembering to put
on JOBQ a query which said to do this every place I could put the reminder,
the task of running what they needed ended up being something I run for them.

I have several CLP that extract name of user, other info about the job, send
MSG to various MSGQ with information about what some person is doing, or has
done, so we can clean up later if inappropriate action. One of those is
simply some tasks we supposed to run every nite ... question comes up "was
this done? & when was it last done, with what settings?" and the answer is
in the MSGQ. But most are related to tasks that cross dept boundaries.

users in dept A need to complete certain work before
users in dept B do their thing with the data from dept A

well dept B gets MSGQ info that dept A just ran whatever task.

For example, if anyone in accounting does a check payment run, I get a
message that was done today, so I know to FTP the details to corporate HQ.
This is because 90% of the time they forget to tell me, then come end month
there is a challenge balancing what HQ knows about vs. our totals.

Some day I will no longer be here & my replacement is going to have an
interesting time, finding & transferring these various message reminders.

On Tue, 10 Feb 2009 10:18:08 -0500, rob wrote
How?

Group Dekko Services, LLC
Dept 01.073
Dock 108