From: Pascal Bellerose <pascal_bellerose@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Rép. : RE: does anybody reads the cover letters before applying them?
To: "Midrange Systems Technical Discussion" <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Monday, February 2, 2009, 3:33 PM

Does special instructions mention warnings about risks of impacts on
your business apps when there are any?

Pascal Bellerose
Analyst-Programmer
pascal_bellerose@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Cascades Canada inc.
Telephone: 819-363-6114 (2114)
Fax: 819-363-6155 (6155)
Do you really need to print this e-mail? Change your environmentality!

Le 2 Février, 2009 à 15:46, Jerry Adams
<Jerry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> a
écrit :
Like Jim, I copy the *NotApy ones, but then read only the ones with
special instructions. Over 95% of the time these simply say "Turn JVM
off before applying." Occasionally, though, there are real important
instructions; the 8305 Cume for V5R4, for example, said that a second
IPL was necessary (not just the server firmware thing).

Anyway, yes, I read the special instructions. I, also, print and read
the defective PTF's list; this time it kept me from applying a defect
that might have taken down our modem, which isused to receive some of
our orders. Sadly, I've even found a defect during the installation
phase (delayed, installed during the next IPL), but Rochester got me
through that one.

Jerry C. Adams
IBM System i Programmer/Analyst
B&W Wholesale