2009/1/20 Neil Palmer <neilpalmer400mr@xxxxxxxx>:
http://itknowledgeexchange.techtarget.com/system-i/biased-cios-spend-more-money-fraud-waste-abuse/

He raises a few very good points, and then he cuts his own legs off
when he starts stating bullshit like this:

Windows AD Server (PDC) - Quad CPU - Built for Growth - $10K-$15

A four socket machine for running AD? Besides, there isn't a PDC/BDC
distinction anymore since Windows 2000.

. If you wanted to build 50 Windows Virtual Machines, you would pay for that OS 50 times?

No, you would use the Datacenter License which allows for unlimited
VMs, licensing on a per-Socket base.

You can in fact put a Intel based card in your IBM i and run Windows on your POWER system. The cards are cheap compared to a server and as far as you know it's Windows.

Aren't those WDM? With their successor being iSCSI attached Blades?