Is there a reason the CSV cannot be put on the IFS? Using a mapped network drive, say? Then use CPYFRMIMPF directly on it. Yeah, there might be problems, but most can be hurdled.

<verndor response>
We have an SDK that lets you read/write CSV from an RPG program - RPG2SQL Integrator - service programs on the iSeries, a middleware piece on a Windows box. That's pulling it, not pushing it.
</verndor response>

Otherwise, when you set up the data transfer to the iSeries you should be able to see what the SQL statement is that it is trying to execute - see where there is a slash and check it.

Then call IBM support - and be sure you have the latest iSeries Access installed.

HTH
Vern

Gary Kuznitz wrote:
I'm trying to transfer a CSV file from Excel to an AS/400.

I'm getting an error saying:
CWBDB0036 - Server returned SQL error

SQL0104 - Token / was not valid. Valid tokens: CHAR LONG BINARY DOUBLE GRAPHIC CHARACTER <IDENTIFIER>.

Cause . . . . . : A syntax error was detected at token /. Token / is not a valid token. A partial list of valid tokens is CHAR LONG BINARY DOUBLE GRAPHIC CHARACTER <IDENTIFIER>. This list assumes that the statement is correct up to the token. The error may be earlier in the statement, but the syntax of the statement appears to be valid up to this point. Recovery . . . : Do one or more of the following and try the request again: -- Verify the SQL statement in the area of the token /. Correct the statement. The error could be a missing comma or quotation mark, it could be a misspelled word, or it could be related to the order of clauses. -- If the error token is <END-OF-STATEMENT>, correct the SQL statement because it does not end with a valid clause.

I can't find anybody that has solved this problem. I can't find a joblog on the 400 that would let me know what is causing the problem.

Does anyone know of a program that would convert a CSV file to a fixed length file so I don't have to use Excel?

Or maybe a program on the 400 that would parse the comma seperated file into it's correct fields?

Thank you,

Gary Kuznitz