... it has been a while since I inquired about what SERVIT could not do that
IGM could do, so my memory may be faulty.. Maybe it is just that they can
install upgrades, not supply them.

On Mon, 15 Dec 2008 12:27:17 -0600, Paul Nelson wrote
SERVIT provides you with OS upgrades?

Paul Nelson
Office 512-392-2577
Cell 708-670-6978
nelsonp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

-----Original Message-----
From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Al Mac Wheel
Sent: Monday, December 15, 2008 11:23 AM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Re: Out of Disk Space!

My employer operates on a shoestring, then figures out how to cut
even that. We left the IBM BIG BUCKS reality a long time ago & still
manage to function. However, we don't have a DR machine.

I watch disk space pretty closely.
When it suddenly out, this usually from a runaway job.

Several years ago we switched from IBM to www.SERVIT.net for our
hardware & OS support. They do EVERYTHING that IBM does and did,
including on stuff IBM no longer supports. I know they are all
over USA, I do not know about other nations.

They are multi-vendor, can service non-IBM stuff like ma bell
connections & the PC world. They also sell supplies, like printer stuff.

We pay some monthly fee for certain support, then occasionally a
need comes up that is outside that contract. They take care of our
problem and send a very reasonable SMALL BUCKS bill (maybe a few
hundred $).

The reason management switched is because
* SERVIT costs less than IBM
* SERVIT billing is more flexible than IBM
* SERVIT billing is error-free while IBM is error-full

I was surprised that SERVIT service is faster than IBM
but maybe because most of the employees are former IBMers

I have done an initial search and am only coming up with WDSC messages???
So, I am going to post this and then keep looking...

I have run out of disk space on our DR system (ain't THAT special) and to
top it all off, SOFTWARE support was not ordered for this system - so,
with
out the BIGBUCKS response, we can't get help from IBM. I believe the steps
needed to be able to get back on the system are fairly easy - but I don't
have them. Therefore, I am asking for some direction in resolving this
problem.

The console has the following messages:

1 - B6000650
2 - 6DE00161