Thanks Rob. I came in this morning to see that all of the job scheduler entries are intact. Pleasant surprise. I guess the guys [we out sourced] got that part right. They actually told us programmers to tell them which libraries and files to restore from the old machine to the new!! That was after we were assured it would be a full system restore. But, we had CreatePrint woes for another department so they dropped that bomb on us....Thursday.
We don't have an AS/400 [iSeries] operations dept. IT [not iSeries people] does the backups and that's just about it.

Fran Denoncourt
Sr. Programmer/Analyst
Pinal County Treasurer's Office
Florence, AZ 85232
(520) 866-6404
Frances.Denoncourt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Receipt of this message does not grant you permission to send me
Unsolicited Commercial Email

<rob@xxxxxxxxx> 12/12/2008 9:26 PM >>>
Another option is to use the job scheduler api's on the existing release to read them all and output that to a file. Then some program on the 'new' system can read that file and ADDJOBSCDE them all back in. Rob Berendt -- Group Dekko Services, LLC Dept 01.073 Dock 108 6928N 400E Kendallville, IN 46755 http://www.dekko.com RE: V5R2 to V5R4 Upgrade and queues Frances Denoncourt to: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion 12/12/2008 01:14 PM Sent by: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx Please respond to Midrange Systems Technical Discussion Rob, I'll give it a try. thanks, Fran Denoncourt Sr. Programmer/Analyst Pinal County Treasurer's Office Florence, AZ 85232 (520) 866-6404 Frances.Denoncourt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Receipt of this message does not grant you permission to send me Unsolicited Commercial Email >>> 12/12/2008 10:44 AM >>> Well, try this: WRKOBJ OBJ(*ALL) OBJTYPE(*JOBSCD) Rename the one on the 'new' box. Restore the one from the old box. Try WRKJOBSCDE, etc. If it tells you to FOAD then rename the restored one and rename the one that came with the new box back to the real name. Rob Berendt -- Group Dekko Services, LLC Dept 01.073 Dock 108 6928N 400E Kendallville, IN 46755 http://www.dekko.com From: "Frances Denoncourt" To: "'Midrange Systems Technical Discussion'" Date: 12/12/2008 10:27 AM Subject: RE: V5R2 to V5R4 Upgrade and queues Sent by: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx Evan, Thanks for the response. Yes, we are moving onto a new box as well. Too bad about the job queue entries. We were hoping there was a work around. How does it work for job scheduler entries: WRKJOBSCDE? Do we lose them, too? The upgrade is tomorrow morning - Saturday. Thanks again, Fran Denoncourt Sr. Programmer/Analyst Pinal County Treasurer's Office Florence, AZ 85232 (520) 866-6404 Frances.Denoncourt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Receipt of this message does not grant you permission to send me Unsolicited Commercial Email >>> "Evan Harris" 12/11/2008 5:06 PM >>> Hi Fran If you're just doing an upgrade on the one box you shouldn't need to do anything other than run the automatic upgrade process. If you are moving onto a new box via an unload/reload then you will lose spool files and job queue entries. You can send the spool files across afterwards if you want (presuming the box is still intact) using remote outqeueues to transfer them. You can even upgrade the old box afterwards and then save and restore the old spool files if you want to see how this feature works. As to Job queue entries, in this situation I think your out of luck. You'll probably get a better answer if you describe the scenario in more detail. Regards Evan Harris -----Original Message----- From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Frances Denoncourt Sent: Friday, 12 December 2008 12:38 p.m. To: midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx Subject: V5R2 to V5R4 Upgrade and queues Is it possible to save/restore job queues and output queues when upgrading from V5R2 to V5R4...I hear them talking about 'skip', so maybe we are skipping V5R3. Just checked the archive - didn't see it. The memo to users for both V5R3 and V5R4 didn't talk about it either. Thanks, Fran Denoncourt Sr. Programmer/Analyst Pinal County Treasurer's Office -- This is the Midrange Systems Technical Discussion (MIDRANGE-L) mailing list To post a message email: MIDRANGE-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx To subscribe, unsubscribe, or change list options, visit: http://lists.midrange.com/mailman/listinfo/midrange-l or email: MIDRANGE-L-request@xxxxxxxxxxxx Before posting, please take a moment to review the archives at http://archive.midrange.com/midrange-l. -- This is the Midrange Systems Technical Discussion (MIDRANGE-L) mailing list To post a message email: MIDRANGE-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx To subscribe, unsubscribe, or change list options, visit: http://lists.midrange.com/mailman/listinfo/midrange-l or email: MIDRANGE-L-request@xxxxxxxxxxxx Before posting, please take a moment to review the archives at http://archive.midrange.com/midrange-l. -- This is the Midrange Systems Technical Discussion (MIDRANGE-L) mailing list To post a message email: MIDRANGE-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx To subscribe, unsubscribe, or change list options, visit: http://lists.midrange.com/mailman/listinfo/midrange-l or email: MIDRANGE-L-request@xxxxxxxxxxxx Before posting, please take a moment to review the archives at http://archive.midrange.com/midrange-l. -- This is the Midrange Systems Technical Discussion (MIDRANGE-L) mailing list To post a message email: MIDRANGE-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx To subscribe, unsubscribe, or change list options, visit: http://lists.midrange.com/mailman/listinfo/midrange-l or email: MIDRANGE-L-request@xxxxxxxxxxxx Before posting, please take a moment to review the archives at http://archive.midrange.com/midrange-l.