I have seen where this worked better after a reboot on the IXS server
side... (after the reboot the synchronized 'worked' and both sides showed
as V6R1). My best advice is that if it's not working like it seems it
should, give IBM support a ring and they will walk you through a procedure
to force the update. I've seen the process get hosed before (at V5R4 and
V6R1).

"Jeff Crosby"
<jlcrosby@dilgard
foods.com> To
Sent by: "'Midrange Systems Technical
midrange-l-bounce Discussion'"
s@xxxxxxxxxxxx <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

12/15/2008 09:32 Subject
AM i5/OS Integrated Server Support is
at different releases on i5/OS and
the server
Please respond to
Midrange Systems
Technical
Discussion
<midrange-l@midra
nge.com>

Oh, another thing I have since the upgrade to V6R1. I get message NTA0287
in QSYSOPR (full text at end of this message) regarding the Integrated
Server Support.

If I GO LICPGM and display installed licensed programs on the System I, it
show this:

5761SS1 V6R1M0 Integrated Server Support

If I sign on to windows on the IXS, I get this box:

"The following updates are available from i5/OS: Release V6R1M0. Click OK
to start maintenance utility, Cancel to Exit."

When I click on OK, nothing happens so far as I can see. I tried it
yesterday and waited a good 15 minutes. Furthermore, If I clock Start/IBM
iSeries/Integration For Windows Server and select Software level, here it
says the iSeries Software Level is at "V5R4M0 Service Pack: None" while it
says the Windows Server Software Level is at "V5R4M0 Service Pack: SI28014"
meaning the Windows server is at a newer level.

If I then click "Synchronize" it responds saying I am asking to remove the
service pack, which I then Cancel.

Does this make any sense? Infocenter did not give me any more instructions
than the above, that I could find.

Here's the full message from QSYSOPR:

Additional Message Information Page
1
5761SS1 V6R1M0 080215 DILGARD 12/14/08 19:50:50
EST
Message ID . . . . . . : NTA0287 Severity . . . . . . . : 40
Date sent . . . . . . : 12/13/08 Time sent . . . . . . :
17:00:19
Message type . . . . . : Diagnostic
From . . . . . . . . . : QSYS CCSID . . . . . . . . : 65535
From job . . . . . . . . . . . : IXS1A
User . . . . . . . . . . . . : QSYS
Number . . . . . . . . . . . : 686331
From program . . . . . . . . . : QVNAAMON
To message queue . . . . . . . : QSYSOPR
Library . . . . . . . . . . : QSYS
Time sent . . . . . . . . . . : 17:00:19.370801
Message . . . . : i5/OS Integrated Server Support is at different
releases
on i5/OS and the server.
Cause . . . . . : The i5/OS Integrated Server Support on the server is
at
release V5R4M0. The i5/OS Integrated Server Support installed on the
i5/OS
is at release V6R1M0. It is recommended to install the same release and
service pack level since some releases may be incompatible.
Recovery . . . : No action is required, but it is recommended that you
install the current release of i5/OS Integrated Server Support on the
server.
On the server, use the i5/OS Integrated Server Support maintenance
utility
to verify the current release of i5/OS Integrated Server Support is
installed on the server. If the versions do not match, select to perform
an
update to install release from i5/OS.

--
Jeff Crosby