You have 71 days, more than enough time for IBM to get back to you. Call
them everyday to get the codes.

-----Original Message-----
From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Alo Pita
Sent: Saturday, December 13, 2008 9:57 PM
To: MIDRANGE-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: LIC expires in 71 days

I have just done a scratch install of my iSeries 270 from CD (LIC - Base)
before installing the OS from a Full System Save on tape.

The problem is the system is coming up with the message that the LIC will
expire in 71 days. I cannot locate the softcopy that contains the LIC for
the machine and still waiting for IBM to get back to me.

I have a couple of questions.

1. Can I use the tape (full System Save) to retrieve my LIC and what
procedures would I need?
2. If I cannot get it off 1, Will the LIC expiry issue be resolved if I
do the scratch install again all from tape?

Thank you for your help

Andy