On Wed, Dec 3, 2008 at 22:01, Jeff Crosby <jlcrosby@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
How does Dame Ware start up? Is it thru a browser? How about firewall
issues?

Dameware Mini Remote Control is designed to be used in local Networks
- it runs as a service that can be remotely installed through RPC, so
deployment is easy as pie in a Domain. MRC also uses Windows
authentication, and can be mode work without any user intervention -
which is useful for the really stupid users. MRC is not firewall
friendly and not launched through a browser - it is meant for internal
use.

There are other solutions like Webex or the various offering from
Citrix, Netviewer, Teamviewer, etc. which are primarily meant to be
used over the internet, and to circumvent firewalls/proxies, like what
would be used in order to offer support to a remote customer. These
are usually launched from a browser (other options exist). They
usually do not run as a service, though there are some offerings like
LogMeIn that run as a service.