On Wed, Nov 12, 2008 at 9:38 PM, Pete Helgren <Pete@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
What is throwing me is whether I need to add the non-configured disks to
the pool first and then implement the mirroring or start mirroring and
indicate that I want the non-configured units to be the mirrors. Seems
like a chicken or egg thing: If I add the non-configured units to the
asp, they won't be available to be the mirrored pair (I think).

The disk must be non-configured before starting mirrored protection.
I've never seen possibilites in DST to tell it exactly what i want it
to do (that's how it works in the x World), instead it automaticalles
arrives at a valid configuration. As i've only configured smaller
systems with a low number of disk arms, this has always worked
perfectly for me.

Remember that activating mirroring takes a looooong time. When you
select to start mirroring, it will first do "Directory Recovery", and
then you'll need to IPL. This IPL will stall at C600 4250 for a lot of
time, on my Blade it took about 4-6 hours.