Quoting Ulrich Krueger <ukr@xxxxxxxxxxx>:

John,

Those 6 hours appear to be the difference between GMT and Eastern Time Zone.

Can you (re-)format the mdatetime - "Date: ..." - string exactly as

Wed, 5 Nov 2008 00:44:39 -0600

including the time zone offset "-0600" or "EDT" or "EST"?

I tried sending two emails after removing the Date: header. Neither email has
appeared. Likely died somewhere.

Finally ran the thing in debug and looked at the Date header. It currently
looks like this:

Date: Wed Nov 5 15:12:16 2008

Not sure why I thought the functions I used put the time zone information on it,
but that is clearly not there.

John McKee

Outlook (or any other email software) needs to be able to determine the time
zone. Otherwise it defaults to GMT.

Alternatively, the first SMTP mail server that processes your email will
insert a correctly formatted Date: - stamp, if your message does not contain
a Date: stamp. Try and see what happens if you omit it from your message.

Regards,

Ulrich Krueger