Hi All,

While attempting to run a Option 21 Full System Save backup last night, our
night operator ran into the following error:

After issuing the command ENDSBS (*ALL) (*IMMED) he received an error
message at the bottom of the screen that "QHNAPRST" could not be ended to a
restricted state. He waited a few minutes and looked in WRKMSG QSYSOPR and
saw the message that the system ended to a restricted state.

He did a Go Save, Option 21 and proceeded using the following parameters:

Device: TAP01

Prompt for Commands: N

Check for Active Files: N

Message Queue Delivery: *BREAK

Start Time: *CURRENT

Vary off Network Servers: *NONE

Unmount File Systems: N

Print System Info: N

Use System Reply List: N

He pressed enter to continue and receives a message "error processing
command" and is brought back to the Save menu.

I had him check the status of the tape drive and it was varied on. We
reinitialized the tape and attempted the rerun the option but received the
same result. We IPL'd and retried the command and still received the same
results (QHNAPRST could not be ended to restrict state and Error processing
command).

Unfortunately we don't have a remote console setup so I was unable to
connect and look at the error myself.

I searched boulder and googled "QHNAPRST" but basically go no results.

I'm going to come and rerun it tonight (and call support if necessary) but
wanted to see if anyone had seen this before?

TIA,

David Charmatz