-----Original Message-----
From: sjl

Don wrote:
Actually, I don't know if I need to IPL? I installed a couple of IBM
program product options - one shows *compatible the other *installed,
and there was no mention of needing to IPL that I noticed.

Don -
In the absence of specific instructions to IPL, there is no need.
After all, this is *NOT* Windows!

;-P

The only times I have ever had to IPL my machine(s) was either because
of a system failure or a PTF that required an IPL...

- sjl